Wednesday, July 14, 2010

First harvest

Today, I picked the first of our harvest (not counting a couple of tomatoes...those were a snack while I was watering). If you're interested in the rest of the gardening woes, read on here. And, if you're interested in a snack of more than a couple tomatoes, have at this one.

Today though, we're talking Peas.

Not a lot, but enough to add to a pasta salad

2-3 cups assorted pasta
2.25 oz sliced olives
peas... I think I got MAYBE 1/4 cup
1 dozen grape tomatoes, quartered or smaller
Gorgonzola cheese
dressing of choice - I made one using the following:
1/4c. olive oil
1/4c. +2tbsp rice vinegar (roasted garlic flavor)
1 tbsp sugar

Cook the pasta & add the peas in the last 10 seconds, drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water until completely cool.
Add tomatoes, olives & cheese, top with dressing, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving

I also made some sweet & tangy meatballs and PW's Buttered Rosemary rolls and we made them into the most amazing sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment