Saturday, September 18, 2010

PW's Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich (AKA The Marlboro Man Sandwich)

DEFINITELY worth making this one.... That's all I have to say. I did make several changes though, but I don't think they really changed the sandwich as a whole.

First - get the recipe here

I followed the directions until the meat was cooked and it was time to add more butter. Instead, I added bacon grease. Yes, my lovelies... bacon grease...... clogger of arteries!!! Looking back, I think I would use it nearly entirely in place of the butter, but hey, at least I thought of it before it was all over.

I had about 3 lbs of cube steak and 3 medium onions. In the future I think I'd increase the oninons a little and maybe even add some sliced mushrooms..... mmmmm. And maybe cook them in the bacon grease too. Man oh man does this smell good!


Definitely make sure you slice this THIN. In the cookbook she says 1 inch slices. I think I would prefer about 1/4 inch slices! After the meat was cooked, I went further than her recipe and actually diced it up - this was to make it easier for both LD and dad to eat. Then, rather than toasting the buns (which I'm betting would be FABULOUS) I loaded them up with the filling and wrapped them in foil.

Place in a 350 degree oven on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes or so - just long enough for the rolls to heat through and the juices to soak in. Serve up with a green salad and it's a meal that kids and adults alike will enjoy! I know we all did.

As an afterthought, both dad and I agreed that some cheese melted on these (like mozarella) would be just what the doctor ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment