Monday, May 10, 2010

Cinnamon Toast

Like most people, I'd never given cinnamon toast much thought... You toast bread, smear it with butter (or spread) and sprinkle the melted butter with a cinnamon/sugar mixture.... It's one of the first foods many kids learn how to make - that's WARM.

Well PW has, once again, shown me the "error of my ways" with her cinnamon toast recipe. Let me clarify... I really try not to use "right" and "wrong" as terms - a lot of what people think of as right or wrong is subjective.. oh heck, MOST if not ALL of it is subjective..... here it's "wrong" to belch loudly in public... elsewhere, it's a compliment.

Anyway, I learned a NEW way of making cinnamon toast today. Granted it takes a little longer, but does make 8 times the quantity that you make at once when you use the old toaster method. You can read her full recipe here.... but I thought I'd just leave you with a few pictures and my own comments.

First, I didn't really follow her directions to the letter... I put all the ingredients in the bowl & then mixed them up - as opposed to her recommendation to mush up the butter first... what can I say, sometimes I just can't handle following directions precisely. I also halved the recipe because it was just me and LD:

Once it's mixed up, this is what it looks like... and I am here to say, I could eat this straight from the bowl...

Pretty straightforward recipe, mix it all up, spread it on the bread

Bake and then broil briefly till it's bubbly

Then, cut and serve

Just LOOK at that - it's crispy yet chewy but not tough... and has amazing flavor... must be the vanilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment