Thursday, June 17, 2010

Beth's favorite chicken

Last time I made this, Beth told me I didn't make enough.... so tonight I cooked up 6 chicken breasts worth of this stuff.

It's SUPER easy. Cut each boneless skinless breast into 3rds, and place in a zip loc bag. Add a bottle of "30 minute marinade" - you can use Lawry's or any house brand equivalent - I've used both and they come out the same. The flavor I use is the Herb & Garlic one. Let them sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. Place them on the grill & cook for several minutes on low heat turning & basting with any left over marinade.

YUM.

You can serve them with these yummy sliced baked potatoes -

4 lg russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1/8-1/4 inch slices, but don't cut them all the way through - you want the potatoes to "fan" out when you place them in a baking dish.
1 cube butter, melted
2 tbsp finely chopped herbs - I used fresh: lemon thyme, parsley, basil and rosemary
salt & pepper
cheeses - about 1/4 cup grated/shredded cheese of your choice.

Heat oven to 425
place prepared potatoes in the pan, pour the melted butter over the potatoes, sprinkle the herbs, salt & pepper over the top - make sure the butter gets in between each slice of the potatoes.
Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes
Remove from the oven and with a pastry brush, baste the potatoes with the butter from the pan. Sprinkle cheese over the top - tonight I used a mix of grated cheddar and fresh parmesan
Place back in the oven and bake another 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment