Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ravioli & Broccoil with PW's Alfredo Sauce.

Because I was exhausted from building a fence today, I wanted EASY yet satisfying food for dinner tonight. I wanted pasta... and some sort of creamy sauce.... and did I mention I wanted it to be EASY??? Off I went to PW's recipes and found her Alfredo sauce.... 3 ingredients (plus salt & pepper). THAT was what I was looking for.

I pulled some of these little jewels out of the freezer. If you've never tried these, you really should. They're phenomenal, for frozen stuff that is. They also went REALLY well with the cheesy Alfredo sauce - there's NO cheese in them and the chicken/herb mix was a perfect compliment/contrast to the creamy cheesy sauce.

I steamed some broccoli and added it to the raviolis & Alfredo sauce.

Ok, so I could have wiped around the edge of the bowl to make it look pretty... and I did forget to top it with the extra Parmesan before I served it up.... but hey, I was too tired and too hungry to care! Take a look at it though... Ohmigosh it was yummy.

I also baked some Pilsbury crescent rolls, and dinner was ready in less than 30 minutes. The best part??? It was absolutely, positively delicious. Dad loved it. The kids loved it. I loved it. It was just what I was hoping for, and it was easier than I imagined. And, PW wasn't kidding, I fell in love with this sauce. I can't believe I ever thought Alfredo sauce was difficult to make, and I can't believe I ever bought jars full of the stuff, or even the little packets of sauce mix. I will NEVER, EVER, scout's honor, make Alfredo sauce any way but this way, ever again.

The only word of caution I have is in regard to the salt. I thought at first that I had oversalted it - Parmesan is pretty salty, and I'd already added some salt to the cream/butter mixture before I added the cheese. However, it turned out perfect. So, perhaps use less than you think it needs, because you can always add more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment